Today I’d like to announce the release of version 1.7.0 of the WordPress Amazon Associate (WPAA) plugin. As you may know I did not plan to release another minor 1.X version and had been planning to do a major 2.0 version release. However due to unexpected business trips and personal obligations I have not had the time to work on the new Banner Management system that would equate to a major milestone for the project.
As I do not know when I will have the time to finish the Banner Management system I thought it would be worthwhile to do a minor release that includes 27 changes to the plugin ranging from code cleanup/optimization, plugin compatibility, Multi-User and Multi-Author Support, Bug Fixes and general administration changes. Below you will find a partial list of notable changes and as always for a full list of changes you can visit the project changelog.
- New option to use Admin’s Associate ID for % of Author links
- Product Preview now supports usage of Author Associate ID
- WordTwit – renamed fancybox registration name
- wp-tables-reloaded – increased priority on Associate Filter to modify links after other plugins
- Updated APaPi library to return error when ASIN is not valid for specified locale
- Administrator option to view content as specified locale
- Widget options migrated to own page
- Disable plugin features if AWS credentials are not entered.
Thanks everyone for your continued support, and please enjoy the plugin!!