This is the changelog of the WP Advertising Associate plugin. The current available release of the library can be found on the downloads page.
Version: 0.9.0 Released: 10-15-2011
- Enabled support for sites without Curl PHP Module
- Name modified to comply wit Amazon Operating Agreement
- Activation Hook enabled to cancel plugin activation if domain is not compliant with Amazon’s Operating Policy
Archived Versions of WordPress Amazon Associate
Version: 2.0.0 Released: 09-11-2011
- Basic Template Functionality and Administration
- ip2nation update logic fix
- Enhanced messages to direct users on how to resolve validation errors
Version: 1.8.0 Released: 05-03-2011
- Support for China (CN) Locale
- Support for Italy (IT) Locale
- Support for Spain (ES) Locale
- Additional Error Message added to debug invalid credentials for users
- Omakase Widget fix to display user inputted style colors
Version: 1.7.1 Released: 07-16-2011
- Manual function exists check to confirm wp_get_current_user function exists for utilization of Admin Localization.
Version: 1.7.0 Released: 07-15-2011
- Plugin Compatibility
- WordTwit – fancybox enqueue name corrected
- wp_tables_reloaded -Associate Filter priority decreased
- Multi-Author Support
- Product Preview updated to use Author Associate Id
- New option to share x% of Author links with Administrator
- Hide disabled locale fields for Author Settings
- Geo Localization
- APaPi library updated to return failure when Product ID is invalid for locale.
- Static link localization checks for 405 error code
- uninstall ip2nation database option
- Content Viewer Module – Admin can view site content as specified locale
- Quick Links Module – HTML Editor Text Selection support
- Cache Module – clear cache option
- Widget Sytling – support for container, container_class and container_style short code parameters
- Settings Page Update Message
- Removal of Admin Error Message if AWS Credentials not present
- Disable of tinyMCE and Quick Links controls if AWS Credentials not present
- Disable of Widgets from tinyMCE control if disabled in options
- Migrated Widget management to new sub page
- Overall code re-factor
- Site Installation Tracking
Version: 1.6.1 Released: 06-25-2011
- Change admin capabilities to manage_options to enable plugin administration by administrators on WordPress MultiUser/Network installations.
- Associate Filter logic updated :
- Enhanced regex to return only valid amazon links
- Geo-Localization support added so that if enabled static product links will be converted to visitors Amazon locale if the product link is valid in that locale.
- Amazon Enhanced Ad Shortcode support for container and container_class attributes.
- tinyMCE controls updated with Amazon Enhanced Ad changes
- preg_match_all additional compatibility fix
Version: 1.5.4 Released: 05-11-2011
- Widget Fix – proper extraction of before/after_widget/title options
- PHP 5.X < 5.2.2 compatibility - updated preg_match_all regex to be compatible with PHP 5 versions less than 5.2.2.
Version: 1.5.3 Released: 05-10-2011
- Corrected AmazonProduct functions to return output instead of echo which was causing links to appear at top of post content.
Version: 1.5.2 Released: 05-09-2011
- Fixed Author Associate ID usage with Amazon Product Enhanced Ads
- Enabled support for alt and title attribute for Amazon Product Images
- Enabled support for title attribute for Amazon Product links
- Re-factor of ShortCodeHandler to reuse Amazon Product static functions
Version: 1.5.1 Released: 04-28-2011
- Enable TinyMCE controls for Author level users.
- Fixed Associate Filter logic so that links that appear multiple times on a single page do not get tagged multiple times.
Version: 1.5.0 Released: 03-01-2011
- Support for Amazon Product Cloud Widget
- Support for Amazon Enhanced Display Ads
- Amazon Product Links enhancements
- added rel attribute support for links defaulted to nofollow
- added container and container_class attribute support to allow for styling of amazon links, images and enhanced ads
- Quick Links Module corrected so that images are now insertable into posts/pages
- Cache Module updated to check for and update modified associate id from cached link values
- TinyMCE editor enhanced with prices and links to Amazon to view additional details. – Thanks to Sean Malone for sharing these updates.
Version: 1.4.1 Released: 12-28-2010
- Added additional class attribute to amazon_image ShortCode to allow for image alignment and styling.
Version: 1.4.0 Released: 12-11-2010
- Cache Module and WPAA_CacheHanlder class defined. The Cache Module defines all the possible settings that a user can configure and the CacheHandler performs the actual logic for reading/writing products from the cache.
- MultiUser Module created that adds associate tag fields to user profiles. Added multi-user option to Settings page to enable/disable.
- Quick Links Module defined so that users can quickly insert links in 2 steps from the post/page editor screen.
- Import Associate Tags supported for Amazon Link Plugin
- Import Associate Tags supported for Amazon Associate Link Localizer Plugin
- General code cleanup to remove PHP Notice messages
Version: 1.3.1 Released: 12-03-2010
- Corrected widget_type ShortCode option in the AmazonWidget_MP3Clips class.
Version: 1.3.0 Released: 12-03-2010
- Omakase Widget Support:
- AmazonWidget_Omakase class created.
- Widget_Amazon_Omakase class created.
- tinyMCE control re-written as drop down with options to insert links and widgets.
- removal of shortcode_unautop content filter.
- Geo Localization of Widgets fully supported.
- General styling and label fixes throughout admin pages and widget controls.
Version: 1.2.3 Released: 11-26-2010
- Updated getDefaultShortCodeOptions method for:
Version: 1.2.2 Released: 11-24-2010
- Support for inputting Italy locale Associate tag.
- Support for inputting China locale Associate tag.
- Amazon Link Filter updated to utilize China/Italy associate tags if product link is from their Amazon domain.
- CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION option removed from APaPi cUrl settings.
- Settings admin panel updated with links to include associate websites for all locales.
Version: 1.2.1 Released: 11-22-2010
Version: 1.2.0 Released: 11-20-2010
- WPAA Admin:
- Amazon Associate Settings modifed to support associate tags for all locales.
- Allows enable/disable of Locales
- Enable/Disable of GeoLocalization
- Addition of User Feedback meta box to admin panel
- New IP2Nation Module that allows for installing/updating of ip2nation database.
- Amazon Product Links updated with locale property to specify desired locale, defaults to Geo Localization if enabled.
- Upgrade APaPi library to version 1.0.1 to fix Japan locale error.
- Amazon Filter updated to output associate tag based on the link locale.
Version: 1.1.0 Released: 11-14-2010
- Support ShortCode Compliance with following WordPress Plugins:
- WP-Amazon-Search Widget
- Search and My Favorites Widgets updated with missing design parameters borderColor and backgroundColor
- I18n support – Plugin .pot has been generated and is available for transaltors
- Validation logic updated to browseNodeLookup of unique locale dependent nodes
- Configurations page renamed to Settings
Version: 1.0.2 Released: 11-10-2010
- The Amazon Product Preview script includes it’s own version of jQuery, which in some instances causes conflict and failure of the preview panels. To resolve there is an optional noConflict option in the admin that remaps jQuery allowing Amazon Product Previews to function.
Version: 1.0.1 Released: 11-09-2010
- Support Us by using our Associate Id set to 0% (off) by default.
Version: 1.0.0 Released: 11-7-2010
- Amazon Product Previews – Admin page allows for toggling of Product Previews for all amazon supported product links.
- Amazon Widgets:
- Updated logic to output only required fields based on type and design.
- Upgraded APaPi library to version 1.0
Version: 0.3.0 Released: 11-4-2010
- Support for Amazon Widgets:
- My Favorites
- MP3 Clips
- PHP API Support – enables quick implementation of Product Images, links, and widgets.
- Amazon Associate Filter – content/comment filter that parses content for product links and replaces associate tag with value in plugin settings.
- WordPress ShortCode – enhanced support for widgets
- Amazon Product tinyMCE – enabled ShortCode option so that by default images are inserted and only ShortCode is rendered if selected.
- Plugin Administartion:
- Associate Filter Settings – enable/disable of content filter
- Widget Management – WordPress widget management of Amazon Widgets through Widget Panel
- Widget Settings – enable/disable of Widgets available in Widget Panel
- Support through Associate ID – Enable users to support developer through using developer associate id in product links. Defaults to 5% of links.
- BasicWidget deprecated – removal of prototype widget from plugin.
Version: 0.2.0 Released: 10-25-2010
- Plugin Administration:
- Amazon Locale Support
- Validate Web Server Access Keys
- WordPress ShortCode:
- amazon_link – allows for lookup and output of product link tagged with associate id from settings.
- amazon_image – allows for lookup and display of a products image with optional link through.
- Amazon Prodcut tinyMCE – extended tinyMCE button to allow for you to do inline search and insert of amazon products and images directly into your post/pages without leaving your website.
- JSON Servlet – APaPi based JSON servlet to perform lookup and searches of Amazon Products.
Version: 0.1.0 Released: 10-22-2010
- Plugin Administration:
- WordPress Amazon Associate – admin top level menu item
- Amazon Associate (meta box) – enables configuration of your Associate Id
- Amazon Web Services (meta box) – supports configuration of your access and secret key configurations.
- About the plugin (meta box) – informational display of current version of the library and developer information
- Support (meta box) – paypal button to allow users to support the developers of the plugin.
- Integration and load of APaPi library Version 0.2.0
- Creation of Basic_Widget to confirm widget setup and usage
- Warning message displayed if amazon web services is not configured.